New Bern Uber Accident Lawyer
Uber Accident Attorneys in New Bern, NC
Getting around town is an essential part of daily life. With options such as Uber to take you where you need to go, transportation to and from any location has gotten a lot easier. But, is it safer? When you ride with Uber, you are relying on a driver that you don’t know to keep you safe and prevent an accident from injuring you. Accidents in Uber vehicles can and do happen! You have rights if you are a victim of an Uber accident and you need an Uber accident attorney in New Bern, NC, to help you with your case.
Working With An Uber Accident Lawyer In New Bern, NC
When injured in an Uber accident, you need to know what your legal rights are as a passenger. Your injuries deserve payment, and an Uber accident lawyer can help get you the compensation you deserve. Whether the negligent actions of your Uber driver or a third-party driver causes you injury, you have a right to a settlement award to pay for your medical bills and lost wages.
Uber accident attorneys know how to fight against this large rideshare company to get you the compensation that is fair. Your Uber accident lawyers can help you understand if you have an injury claim that Uber is responsible for paying. They will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to get you the largest settlement possible for your injury claim.
By working with an Uber accident attorney in New Bern, NC, you’ll have legal representation throughout the entirety of your crash case. Do not fight Uber alone! You deserve compensation and trying to file an injury claim directly with Uber can be challenging and complex to understand. Leave these details to your Uber accident lawyer that will fight for your legal rights, so that you can focus on your recovery.
Understanding Your Legal Rights In An Uber Accident In New Bern, NC
As a passenger in an Uber vehicle, you deserve to reach your destination safely. You do not want to worry about the reckless actions of your Uber driver or another driver on the road. You do have legal protection if you are involved in an Uber accident that injures you. Rideshare companies such as Uber have million-dollar insurance policies to protect you as a passenger when you are riding with one of its drivers.
When an Uber driver is clocked into an Uber app to work, they fall under the umbrella of Uber’s insurance policy. This protects you as a passenger and gives you a right to a settlement award if an accident happens while riding in one of its drivers’ vehicles.
While it may seem simple to file a claim with Uber to get paid for your medical bills and lost wages from work, the process of getting compensation is difficult. Insurance companies that represent and cover Uber want to settle with you for the lowest amount possible. They may fight your injury claims and place blame on you. You may not receive fair payment for your injuries or cover the costs you endured because of the Uber crash.
An Uber accident lawyer knows how to fight low-paying insurance companies so that you can get the largest settlement possible for your injuries. They will work to prove the extent of your injuries and show negligence by an Uber driver for the crash.
When a third-party driver is responsible for the accident, you also have a right to compensation under the law. These types of accidents can prove more challenging as there are multiple parties involved and responsible for the accident. Your Uber accident attorney in New Bern, NC, knows how to fight third-party drivers to get you a settlement that pays for your injuries.
Filing An Uber Accident Lawsuit In New Bern, NC
Your Uber accident attorneys in New Bern, NC, will always try to settle your injury claim with Uber by negotiating with their insurance company. But, there are instances when these cases need to go to court. If your Uber accident lawyers cannot secure you a fair settlement, they may recommend that you file a lawsuit to get the maximum settlement award you deserve.
Filing a lawsuit for an Uber accident needs to happen relatively quickly. There is a statue of limitations in place in New Bern, NC, that dictates the timeline for filing a lawsuit for an Uber crash where an injury was involved. You only have three years from the date of the accident to file your lawsuit, making it imperative that you speak with an Uber accident lawyer about your case as soon as possible.
While you may feel like you have plenty of time to file a lawsuit, this time does go quickly. Filing after the deadline will cause the dismissal of your case by the judge. You will receive no settlement award when there is a dismissal of your case regardless of how egregious your injuries are or the events of the Uber accident.
Plus, you want your Uber accident attorney in New Bern, NC, to develop a strong case the will win. Allowing time for an investigation will help to build your lawsuit and allow you to collect the largest possible settlement for your injuries.
Compensation For Injuries In An Uber Accident In New Bern, NC
As an injured passenger in an Uber vehicle a crash, you deserve compensation. The laws in New Bern, NC, allow for a variety of compensation that is recoverable for your injuries. Your Uber accident lawyer in New Bern, NC, can advise you on which what type of compensation you qualify for as a part of your settlement award. These are some of the damages that are recoverable in an Uber accident.
- Medical expenses: The costs associated with your medical care are recoverable as part of your Uber crash settlement. This includes all necessary and required medical care that you received immediately after the accident as well as any future medical treatment you would need to continually care for your injuries. An Uber accident lawyer will prove the extent of your injuries in an Uber crash case so that you can get compensation for your medical treatment.
- Lost wages: The time that you miss from work for your recovery means lost wages. These lost earns are recoverable as part of an injury settlement award. You can gain back the lost wages you missed out on due to your recovery and any future wages you will miss out on due to the injuries you sustained in an Uber crash. Uber accident attorneys in New Bern, NC, can help you calculate your total lost wages from work and fight to get you paid for these damages.
- Pain and suffering: There are times when the events of an Uber accident are particularly traumatic and cause you great mental anguish. This pain and suffering deserve compensation, and your settlement award can include these damages as part of your payment from an Uber crash. Your Uber accident lawyer can help you determine if you are entitled to pain and suffering damages from your injuries. Pain and suffering damages are limited to $500,000.
- Punitive damages: There are also instances when the acts and events of an Uber crash are particularly severe and reckless. A judge may order punitive damages paid in these cases. Punitive damages work to punish a defendant financially and act as a deterrent to other Uber drivers that may engage in the same behavior. The cap on punitive damages in New Bern, NC, is three times the total settlement award and no more than $250,000.
Proving Fault In An Uber Accident Case In New Bern, NC
To win your case, an Uber accident lawyer will work to show negligence of an Uber driver or a third-party driver that caused the crash. It is key to your lawsuit to show negligence to the greatest extent possible in your Uber accident case. New Bern, NC, uses a partial fault law that looks at both parties’ negligence in an accident.
You want an Uber accident attorney in New Bern, NC, that will build a strong case the proves negligence of your driver to the highest percentage possible. This will improve your total settlement award and ensure you get the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Your Uber accident lawyers will investigate your injury claims and look at all possible causes of a crash. An Uber driver may be at fault for an accident if they engage in negligent driving behaviors or disobey the rules of the road. Uber requires its drivers to log into its app to signify that they are working for the company. If a driver is logged into the Uber app as required, the rideshare company is responsible for paying your injury claims. If they are not logged into the Uber app when an accident happens, the driver’s insurance is responsible for paying your injury claims. An Uber accident lawyer in New Bern, NC, will examine the login records to determine if your driver was driving according to Uber procedures. This is an important part of determining your settlement award.
You can also count on your Uber accident attorney to talk to witnesses that saw the crash and evaluate police reports to determine where the negligence occurred in your accident case. Your Uber accident lawyer will work to prove negligence of an Uber driver and use all the tools available to them to show that your injuries are not your fault.
By working with an Uber accident lawyer, you can trust that you will have the law on your side. They will fight for your legal rights and work to win your case against this large rideshare company so that you can get compensation for your injuries.
Common Causes Of Uber Accidents In New Bern, NC
There are a variety of reasons that Uber accidents happen. Sometimes, they are the fault of another driver on the road that disobeyed the law. But, often these accidents are caused by the Uber driver. The driver may engage in risky driving behavior that puts you, or a loved one at risk when you are with them as a passenger. Here are some common causes of Uber driver accidents.
- Impaired driving: When an Uber driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they put you in a hazardous situation as a passenger. Their driving is impaired, and they are unable to react to a potential accident with quick reflexes. They can also cause an accident to happen that could cause you injury. If you suspect your Uber driver was impaired during a crash that caused you injury, discuss this factor with your Uber accident lawyers during your consultation.
- Speeding: An Uber driver’s primary responsibility is to get you to your destination safely. When the driver speed to get you to a location, it increases the potential for an accident where severe injury may occur. Speeding is against the law, and your Uber driver needs to obey the posted speed limits at all times. Never encourage your Uber driver to speed or hurry to get you to your destination. It is best to arrive late than take the risk of getting in an accident that could be deadly. Let your Uber accident attorneys in New Bern, NC, know if you suspect your Uber driver was speeding when a crash happened.
- Tailgating: If your Uber driver is tailgating during your ride, there is a potential for an accident to happen. Tailgating or driving to close to a vehicle in front of them is dangerous and does not allow enough time to stop when needed. Watch your Uber driver carefully and pay attention to tailgating behavior. This is negligent driving and could be valuable information in your Uber accident case.
- Reckless driving: Uber drivers that have little regard for the laws of the road can create hazardous situations where an accident is imminent. Reckless driving is negligent behavior and could cause a serious accident where injury If you notice that your Uber driver was driving erratically or recklessly when a crash happened, talk to an Uber accident lawyer about your case immediately.
- Distracted driving: When your Uber driver does not pay attention to the road in front of them and is using their cell phone, texting, eating, or other distracting behavior, it prevents them from seeing a potential accident situation. Distracted driving is a growing phenomenon that causes crashes where serious and severe injury occurs. Make a note of an Uber driver that is distracted while driving as a crash could potentially happen that injures You need to let your Uber accident lawyers know this was a factor in the crash that caused you harm.
- Fatigued driving: There are instances when your Uber driver is fatigued and too tired to drive you safely. Fatigued driving causes many crashes where injury happens to those that are riding in the vehicle. A fatigued driver may have reduced reflexes or not see a potential hazard on the road. They may make a driver error that costs you and causes a crash. If fatigue was the cause of the crash that injured you, you need to let an Uber accident attorney in New Bern, NC, know.
- Improper vehicle maintenance: The vehicle that you ride on is also important to your safety. Riding in older model cars without the latest safety devices equipped will put you at an increased risk. Poor maintenance is also a contributing factor in a crash and could put you and your family at risk if the driver has not taken proper care of their vehicle. If you are uncertain that a vehicle is safe for you to ride in, decline your Uber ride and book with a rideshare service that you trust to get you to your destination safely.
- Driving too fast for conditions: When the weather takes a turn for the worse, you need your Uber driver to proceed with caution. The driver will need to recognize the need to slow down and drive carefully on roadways that are slick, icy or wet. Fog and rain can also make it hard to see, and you want your Uber driver to take the necessary precautions to keep you safe when on the weather is not cooperating. If your Uber driver is going to fast for conditions, an accident can happen at any time. They could lose control of the vehicle and injure you in the process. Let your Uber driver know that you are uncomfortable with the speed that they are traveling at in poor weather. If a crash happens, speak to an Uber accident attorney about your legal rights when the weather was a contributing factor to your injuries.
Contact An Uber Accident Attorney In New Bern, NC, Now!
If injured as a passenger in an Uber crash, you need an Uber accident lawyer that will stand by your side and fight for your legal rights. The Uber accident attorneys at Carolina Law Group will fight for you! They are ready to answer your legal questions and get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Contact us today to set up a consultation!