Jacksonville Uber Accident Lawyer
Uber Accident Attorney In Jacksonville, NC
Ridesharing companies like Uber are becoming more a prominent mode of transportation for people all over. When riding as a passenger in an Uber, you rely on your driver to get you to your destination safely. But, like another vehicle on the road, Uber is susceptible to accidents. As a passenger in these vehicles, you can receive injury during an accident that was not your fault. An Uber accident attorney in Jacksonville, NC, can help you receive compensation for your injuries as a passenger in an Uber vehicle that has been involved in a crash.
Allow An Uber Accident Lawyer In Jacksonville, NC, To Help You With Your Case
Rideshare companies such as Uber are complex and difficult to work with to get compensation for an injury that was caused by an accident with one of their drivers. As a passenger, you have rights under the law and an Uber accident lawyer in Jacksonville, NC, can help you protect these rights.
When you hire an Uber accident attorney, you receive full representation of your case. Experienced Uber accident lawyers will work to negotiate your settlement award with Uber’s insurance company and get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Uber accident lawyers are there to support you in a legal case against a rideshare company. They know the law when it comes to riding as a passenger in one of these vehicles. There is no reason you have to fight alone against Uber to get the compensation you need to pay your medical bills and recoup your lost wage from work.
Uber accident attorneys can help you determine if you are eligible for a settlement award for a crash caused by an Uber driver or third-party motorist. They can help you understand your legal rights and find a solution that works for your injury claim.
Working with an Uber accident attorney in Jacksonville, NC, is the quickest way to receive a settlement as they know how to fight against these large rideshare companies. Let your Uber accident lawyer get you a settlement that is fair and accurately represents the damages you have endured as a passenger involved in an Uber crash.
Deadline For Filing An Uber Accident Lawsuit In Jacksonville, NC
While your Uber accident attorneys will work to settle your case in court, there are instances when a lawsuit is the only way to receive fair compensation for your injuries after a crash. In these cases, your Uber accident lawyer may recommend filing a lawsuit against Uber to collect the settlement award you deserve. This can help you receive a larger payout for your injuries and ensures you will receive justice in your crash case.
You need to act quickly and discuss your case with Uber accident lawyers in Jacksonville, NC, as soon as possible after your crash. There are laws in Jacksonville, NC, that limit the amount of time you have for filing a lawsuit against Uber for an injury claim. The statute of limitations dictates that you have three years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit in the appropriate court.
Even though three years may seem like a long time to file a lawsuit, this time will go very quickly if you are not careful. You need to allow your Uber accident lawyer time to build a case against Uber for your crash. They will investigate your injury claims as well as the events and causes that led up to the crash. Developing a strong case against an Uber driver is key to getting the maximum settlement award for your injuries.
You also need to provide time for your Uber accident attorney in Jacksonville, NC, to negotiate with Uber’s insurance company. Your Uber accident lawyer will always work to keep your case out of court by trying to get fair compensation with an insurance company first. If an agreeable sum cannot be reached, your Uber accident attorneys will file a lawsuit on your behalf in court.
Because there is a deadline for filing these injury lawsuits, you need to speak with your Uber accident lawyer about your case sooner rather than later. This will ensure proper filing within the deadline and prevent dismissal of your case by the judge where there is not an award settlement.
Do not wait to speak to your Uber accident attorneys in Jacksonville, NC. They can help you determine if you have a case against Uber as a passenger in one of their drivers’ vehicles. Discussing your case early will also help you to receive compensation sooner, so you can pay for those mounting medical bills and move forward with your life after a crash.
Available Compensation In An Uber Accident Lawsuit In Jacksonville, NC
You deserve compensation for your injuries as a passenger in an Uber crash. There are a variety of damages that your Uber accident lawyer in Jacksonville, NC, can request as part of your settlement award. This compensation can help you pay medical bills and recover the lost wages from work you missed out on as well as any additional suffering you endured because of the accident. These are some of the most common damages awarded in an Uber crash.
- Medical expenses: When injured in an Uber crash, you need medical attention to treat your injuries. It is not your responsibility to pay these medical expenses, and your settlement award can recover these damages. This includes all medical treatment that you would receive immediately after a crash as well as any foreseeable medical care you would need in the future for your injuries. Your Uber accident lawyer can help you determine what your total medical expenses are in your case.
- Lost wages from work: The time that you missed from work and lost wages, as a result, are also recoverable as part of your settlement award. This includes any wages you lost out on due to your recovery as well as any earnings you will miss out on in the future. Your Uber accident attorneys in Jacksonville, NC, can help calculate your total lost wages for compensation as part of your settlement award.
- Pain and suffering damages: There are times when the events of an Uber crash are especially traumatic and emotionally stressing. This mental pain and suffering deserve Your Uber accident lawyers can fight to get you compensation for pain and suffering damages that you are dealing with from your injuries as a passenger in an Uber vehicle. The cap for punitive damages in an injury case is $500,000.
- Punitive damages: There are also times when the actions of your Uber driver were reckless and dangerous. The judge may order punitive damages in these cases. Not only do punitive damages punish the defendant for their actions financially but they also act as a deterrent to other Uber drivers that may display the same aggressive behavior that puts passengers at risk. Your Uber accident attorney can help you determine if you qualify for punitive damages as part of your crash lawsuit. The cap for punitive damages is $250,000 or no more than three times the total settlement award.
Building A Case In An Uber Accident Lawsuit In Jacksonville, NC
When riding as a passenger in an Uber vehicle, Uber’s insurance policy protects you. Uber carries a $1 million insurance policy in the event that a passenger is injured in an accident caused by one of its drivers. You have a right to compensation for your injuries when a crash is not your fault as you are relying on an Uber driver to get you to your destination safely.
Uber’s insurance provides coverage to its drivers in the event of an accident when they are properly logged in to the company’s app and working. Your driver needs to follow the policies that Uber has set for its drivers. In the event that your driver is not logged in the Uber app at the time they are transporting you to your destination, your driver is responsible for your injuries. Their personal insurance policy will pay for your injuries and provide you the compensation you need to cover your medical costs and lost wages from work.
An Uber accident lawyer will investigate the status of the driver at the time of the crash. They will examine log records to determine who is responsible for your injury claims. This allows you to receive the maximum settlement possible for the person or entity that is responsible for covering your injuries.
There are also instances when your Uber driver is not negligent in their driving, and a third-party motorist causes a crash. In these situations, your Uber accident lawyer in Jacksonville, NC, will work with this driver’s insurance company to cover your settlement compensation.
By utilizing police reports, witness testimony and a thorough investigation, your Uber accident lawyers will work to build a case that shows negligence of an Uber driver or a third-party motorist. In either case, this is imperative to receive the maximum settlement possible. Because Jacksonville, NC, uses a partial at fault law, it takes into account the negligence of all parties involved in an accident.
As a passenger in an Uber vehicle, you may feel like you have no responsibility in the crash, but there are questions asked of your injuries if you were not wearing a seatbelt or acting in a manner that was distracting to the Uber driver. You need an Uber accident attorney that can develop a strong case that proves the negligence of an Uber driver. This can help you win your case and prevent a reduction of your total settlement award due to partial negligence in the crash.
Allow your Uber accident lawyers to help you prove negligence in a crash where you sustained injuries. They will show the extent and severity of your injury claim and work to prove that your Uber driver caused the accident that harmed you.
Common Uber Accident Causes In Jacksonville, NC
In many of the Uber accident cases that happen in Jacksonville, NC, the driver is at fault. There are a variety of reasons that a driver could put you at risk as a passenger in their vehicle. You need awareness of what type of driver behavior is negligent and watch for signs that an accident could occur without warning. Watch for these dangerous common Uber accident causes.
- Impaired driving: When your Uber driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, it can put you in danger as a passenger. Not only is this illegal, but it can cause an accident that could be deadly. Drivers that are impaired may swerve out of their lane or have reduced reaction times that could cause an accident because they are unable to stop in time. Watch for impaired driving by your Uber driver and report these behaviors to the police as well as one of the Uber accident lawyers in Jacksonville, NC.
- Reckless driving: Uber drivers that driver recklessly put everyone on the road at risk and have the potential to get in an accident easily. Drivers that are aggressive or disobey the laws of the road are negligent in their actions, especially if a crash happens. Look out for reckless driving by your Uber driver and discuss these actions with your Uber accident attorney during your case.
- Speeding: If your Uber driver drives over the speed limit they are putting your life in danger and could cause an accident to happen where severe injury occurs. Ask your driver to slow down if they are speeding and never encourage an Uber driver to get you to your destination in a hurry. It is better to arrive safe and alive. When speeding is a factor in your crash, you need to notify your Uber accident lawyers about this negligent behavior.
- Distracted driving: Uber drivers can also get distracted as they drive. This causes them to take their eyes off the road, putting you at risk for an accident. Drivers that talk on the phone, text, eat, drink, talk or play with digital devices are distracted and showing signs of negligent driving behavior. Let your Uber accident lawyers in Jacksonville, NC, know that distracted driving caused your injuries in the crash.
- Fatigued driving: Uber drivers that are fatigued also present a danger when on the road. You need to watch for signs that your driver is overtired and should not be driving. When you see signs that your driver is nodding off or having trouble staying awake, you need to beware as an accident could potentially happen. You need to exit the ride and find a safer mode of When you see fatigue in your driver, talk to your Uber accident attorney about the negligence of this behavior to your crash.
- Tailgating: When your Uber driver tailgates it is an accident waiting to happen. Following too close to a vehicle can cause your driver to smash into the rear of the vehicle. Your Uber driver needs to leave plenty of distance between them and the vehicle in front of them. Failing to do so will cause an accident where an injury Your Uber accident lawyers can help you determine if tailgating was the cause of your crash.
- Driving too fast for conditions: When the weather turns bad, your Uber driver needs to drive slower and more carefully. Roads that are icy, slick, or wet can present a hazard and cause your Uber driver to lose control of the vehicle. Fog and rain also present conditions where it is difficult to see and your driver needs to take extra precautions as they drive. If your driver was going too fast for conditions, let one of the Uber accident lawyers in Jacksonville, NC, know that weather was a factor in your crash.
- Poor vehicle maintenance: Your Uber driver is also responsible for properly maintaining their vehicle. Poorly kept vehicles can pose a danger on the road. They may not have working safety equipment to protect you in the event of a crash. Talk to your Uber accident lawyers about whether vehicle maintenance played a part in your crash.
Discuss Your Case With An Uber Accident Attorney In Jacksonville, NC, Today
As a passenger in an Uber vehicle, you want a safe ride to your destination without issue. When a crash causes you injury as a passenger, you need an Uber accident lawyer on your side. The Carolina Law Group can help get the compensation you need. The Uber accident lawyers at the Carolina Law Group will fight for your legal rights and get the compensation you deserve for your injuries in an Uber crash. Contact us today to discuss your case by setting up a consultation.