Jacksonville Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck Accident Attorneys In Jacksonville, NC
Every day there are millions of trucks on the road. As a driver along the road with these trucks, you have a chance of getting into an accident with a negligent truck driver. The heavy loads of these trucks can create a severe crash that injures you and destroys your property. The results from a truck crash are devastating, and you need a truck accident lawyer in Jacksonville, NC, to help you get compensation for the damages you sustained.
How Can A Truck Accident Lawyer Help In Jacksonville, NC?
When you hire a truck accident attorney in Jacksonville, NC, to help you with your crash case, you get the legal guidance you need and advice on the best course of action to take to get compensation for your injuries and property damage. A truck accident lawyer will help you through the legal process and fight to get you the settlement you deserve against a negligent truck driver.
While some truck drivers are owner-operators, many of the drivers on the road work for large trucking companies. These trucking companies can be difficult to get a settlement for your injury claim after a crash. Your truck accident attorneys know how to work with these large trucking firms and will fight for a fair settlement in your case.
You have a right to compensation when a truck driver is at fault for a crash that hurt you or a loved one. There are laws to protect your rights as a driver involved in an accident with a truck driver, and you need support from a truck accident lawyer that will fight for your legal rights. Your truck accident lawyers will work to negotiate with these large trucking companies’ insurance companies to settle your claim out of court quickly and fairly.
When you work with a truck accident attorney in Jacksonville, NC, you get their full support and representation during your case. They will fight to win your case and stay by your side throughout the duration of your case. They can walk you through the legal process to secure a settlement award for your injuries and property damages.
A truck accident lawyer will protect your legal rights against a negligent truck driver. You can count on them to win your case and get you compensation that accurately reflects the damages you have suffered at the hands of a negligent truck driver. Let your truck accident attorneys fight for you and help you financially move forward after a devastating crash hurts you or a loved one.
Proving Negligence In A Truck Accident In Jacksonville, NC
Proving fault in a truck accident is an important part of winning your case. You need a truck accident lawyer in Jacksonville, NC, that you can count on to develop a strong case against a truck driver that shows the negligence of the truck driver or the trucking company in a crash. Using tools such as witness testimony, police reports, and truck reporting logs, experienced truck accident attorneys can build a case the puts the majority of negligence where it belongs on the truck driver or trucking company.
Limiting your negligence in a crash can help ensure you receive the maximum settlement award you are due. If a jury determines that you are at fault for a truck accident in any way, your total compensation will reduce by your percentage of negligence. This can reduce your settlement amount and limit the amount of compensation you receive to pay your medical bills and lost wages.
If a jury determines that you are 50 percent or more at fault for a truck crash, you will not receive any settlement award in your case. The responsibility of paying your medical bills becomes your responsibility, and you will be unable to recoup lost wages or receive any additional compensation in your case.
Having a truck accident lawyer that builds a strong case against a truck driver can prevent loss of settlement award due to negligence. Your truck accident attorneys will fight to win your case by providing negligence of a truck driver and limiting the percentage that you are at fault in a truck crash.
Compensation For Truck Accident Settlements In Jacksonville, NC
When hurt in a truck accident, you deserve compensation for your injuries. Your injuries, along with your property damages, are recoverable as part of a settlement award in your crash case. There is a variety of compensation that the truck accident attorneys in Jacksonville, NC, can fight for in your case against a negligent truck driver. Here are the common damages sought in a truck crash case.
- All medical treatment expenses: You have a legal right to have your medical expenses paid when involved in a truck crash that injures This includes all the necessary and required medical care that you need immediately after the accident as well as any future medical care you would need for your injuries. Let the truck accident attorneys in Jacksonville, NC, help you determine if your medical expenses qualify for compensation after a truck crash.
- Any lost wages from work: When you miss out on wages due to time away from work for your recovery after a truck crash, these earns are recoupable under the law. You can have any wages you missed out on for your recovery as well as any future wages lost due to your injuries paid as part of a settlement award. Your truck accident lawyers can calculate the total lost wages you have missed out on from your injuries in a truck crash.
- All property and vehicle damages: When a large truck slams into your vehicle, it can cause extensive damage. You need repairs or a replacement vehicle to get back on the road and driving again. A truck accident attorney in Jacksonville, NC, can request compensation of these property damages in your case.
- Any pain and suffering damages: You could suffer from mental pain and anguish after a truck accident has injured you. These damages deserve compensation so you can begin the recovery process after a truck crash. Your truck accident attorneys can fight to get you pain and suffering compensation as part of your total settlement award. Pain and suffering damages are limited to $500,000 per accident case in Jacksonville, NC.
- Punitive damages: A judge may order punitive damages in your case if the events of the crash or actions of a truck driver were reckless in nature. Their actions need punishment, and this financial compensation can work to hurt a defendant even more. Punitive damages are a deterrent to others that may display the same dangerous behavior that could hurt someone else. A truck accident lawyer can advise you if your case qualified for punitive damages. Punitive damages are limited to three times the total settlement award of $250,000 per accident case.
Deadlines For Filing A Truck Accident Lawsuit In Jacksonville, NC
Your truck accident lawyer in Jacksonville, NC, will work to keep your case out of court, but there are some circumstances that make this the only way to receive a fair settlement. Your truck accident attorney knows that lawsuits are costly and time-consuming for everyone involved. They want you to get a settlement quickly, and a lawsuit can take longer than you are willing to wait for a settlement award.
However, when your truck accident attorneys cannot secure you a fair settlement with a trucking company’s insurance company, they will recommend a lawsuit. This will ensure that you get fair treatment for your injuries and property damages. You will receive a larger settlement award as determined by the court when filing a lawsuit when an insurance company will not pay.
It is important to keep in mind that these lawsuits need filing with the court quickly. You only have three years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit where injuries and property damages occurred in a crash. This three-year deadline is strict and goes quickly if you are not careful. You need to talk to a truck accident attorney in Jacksonville, NC, as soon as possible after your crash to determine if you need to file a lawsuit to receive a fair settlement.
Your truck accident lawyers will advise you on the best course of action to take for your case. They will perform a thorough investigation of your accident and look at all possible causes of the truck crash. This helps to build a case against a negligent truck driver and proves the extent of your injuries and property damages.
Giving your truck accident attorneys as much time as possible to develop a strong case before filing a lawsuit with the court, works to your benefit. You will have a solid case backing your account of the accident and reap the rewards of the maximum settlement award possible for your lawsuit.
Waiting to discuss your crash with a truck accident lawyer in Jacksonville, NC, about your case could risk your settlement award. A judge will dismiss a case that is filed after the three-year deadline at the defendant’s request and prevent you from receiving a settlement award for your lawsuit.
Always talk to a truck accident lawyer about your injuries and property damages after a crash to determine if you qualify for compensation under the law. Through a consultation, your truck accident attorneys can determine what your legal rights are and file a lawsuit on your behalf against a truck driver that was at fault for a crash that injured you.
Common Truck Accident Causes In Jacksonville, NC
Many of the truck accidents that happen today are a direct result of negligent actions by a truck driver. These common truck crash causes show the negligence of a truck driver and are factors you need to discuss with your truck accident attorneys in Jacksonville, NC. Keep these truck crash causes in mind as you drive and watch for suspect behavior by a truck driver if you are involved in a crash.
- Driving under the influence: Drivers under the influence of drugs and alcohol are a danger to other drivers. It is illegal to drive impaired as a truck driver, and these actions can result in a hazardous crash that severely injures you or someone you love.
- Reckless driving: Truck drivers that disobey the laws of the road by driving recklessly put all drivers in harm’s Watch drivers that are purposely disobeying road laws by driving erratically and aggressively. This is negligent driving behavior that can cause an accident with severe injuries.
- Distracted driving: When a truck driver is distracted by their phone, they are not paying attention to the road ahead of them. This can cause an accident as they have reduced stop times, and do not see obstacles in the roadway. Drivers that text, talk on the phone, eat, drink or even play with the radio can put you in danger and injure you.
- Speeding: Truck drivers that drive over the speed limit can hit your vehicle at a high rate of speed. This impact combined with the heavy load they are carrying can create a severe crash that can cause injury or even death. Speeding is illegal and the fault of a truck driver in an accident.
- Tailgating: Truck drivers that drive too close to the vehicle in front of the puts you and your passengers at risk. Tailgating does not allow enough space to stop a large truck in time and they can easily smash into the rear of your vehicle. Let tailgaters pass and keep an out for this negligent driving behavior that can injure you.
- Fatigued driving: When a truck driver spends more than their allotted hours on the road they can become fatigued and start to nod off. This is illegal and dangerous to everyone on the road. Tired drivers can cause an accident if they fall asleep while driving or are unable to pay attention to the roadway ahead of them. This driving behavior is dangerous and may cause injury in a crash.
- Too fast for conditions: When the weather is poor, truck drivers need to take additional precautions on the roadway. Ice, rain, and sleet can cause a truck driver to lose control of their truck if they are going too fast for conditions. Fog and rain can also impede driving conditions, and a truck driver needs to slow down to prevent an accident from happening.
- Poor vehicle maintenance: Truck drivers need to inspect their trucks before they drive to ensure that all parts and systems are in working order. Headlights and brakes should work property and tires should have enough tread to avoid a blowout on the road.
- Improper vehicle loadings: If truck drivers do not secure their load properly on their truck it can cause an accident where severe injury occurs. Unsecured loads can come loose on roadways creating dangerous obstacles for other drivers. This is a negligent action by a truck driver that deserves compensation.
- Overweight vehicles: When a truck driver adds more load to their truck than the chassis can handle a dangerous accident is possible that can easily hurt someone. Trucks with heavy loads need additional time and space to stop. When they are overweight, this adds to the danger and can cause tipping or loss of control of the vehicle.
What To Do After A Truck Accident In Jacksonville, NC
When involved in a truck crash you need to take the proper precautions to protect your case by hiring an experienced truck accident lawyer. Experienced truck accident attorneys can prove valuable in protecting your legal rights and building a case against a negligent truck driver that injured you or caused damage to your personal property. Be sure to follow these steps after a truck crash:
- Get medical treatment for your injuries.
- Check that the other driver is not hurt.
- Call the police to file an accident report.
- Exchange contact information with everyone involved in the truck accident.
- Do not admit fault or blame for the accident.
- Take photos of your injuries and property damage.
- Talk to witness and get their contact information.
- Contact your insurance company within one day of the truck accident.
- Discuss your case with a truck accident attorney in Jacksonville, NC.
Following these steps in a truck crash can help to preserve your case and help you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries and property damages. Always speak to a truck accident lawyer in Jacksonville, NC, about your case to determine if negligence by a truck driver caused your crash. A consultation by a truck accident attorney can help provide you the legal direction you need to receive a settlement award after a crash has hurt you or someone you love.
Setup A Consultation With A Truck Accident Attorney In Jacksonville, NC
If a truck crash injured you or caused you property damages, you have a right to compensation under the law and a truck accident lawyer in Jacksonville, NC, can help. The truck accident attorneys at the Carolina Law Group are ready to assist you with your injury claims against a negligent truck driver. They will fight to win your case and get you the settlement award you deserve. Contact one of the truck accident attorneys at the Carolina Law Group today to set up a consultation.