What Should I do if I Was Injured in a Hit and Run Car Accident
A hit and run accident can present some unusual issues. Whether you were in the car when the accident occurs or you were somewhere else and the driver didn’t leave their information, it can be hard to figure out how to gain the right compensation. Often you may not even know who caused the accident and unless there were witnesses around, it is hard to find the hit and run driver again.
If you have been in a hit and run accident, a car accident lawyer could help you out. They can work with you to figure out who the other driver was and can get you the compensation that you deserve. Make sure to contact a car wreck attorney in Greenville, NC to help you with your hit and run case as soon as possible.
Right after the Hit and Run Accident
If you are dealing with a hit and run accident, there are a few things that you should do right after the accident occurs to help keep you safe. These include:
- Figure out what your medical condition is. If you need help, contact the ambulance right away to get help.
- Write down as much information as you can about the hit and run car. If you can remember the color, the license plate information, and any other details can help you and your car accident lawyer get compensation later on.
- If there are any witnesses on the scene, as for their names and addresses. This could help your car accident lawyer later when they are trying to figure out who the driver is.
- Call the police to the scene. This gives you a police report right away and makes it easier to have evidence against the other person if they are found.
- Contact your insurance company. Sometimes you can’t find the hit and run driver and it is possible that your insurance company will help you.
Exploring Your Options
If you have been in a hit and run accident and you are working with a car accident lawyer, you may find that it is difficult to recover damages from the other person. Unless the police figure out who the driver was, you have no way of knowing who was responsible. Because of this, you may find that your options for recovering damages and compensation are limited.
One of the best options that you and your car wreck attorney can consider is to use your insurance policy. This will only work well if you have the right type of coverage. If you already have uninsured motorist coverage on your policy, the insurance company will pay you the compensation you need. If the driver is ever found, then your insurance company can choose to sue to get the money back.
Another option is to use your personal injury protection. If you have this, you will have something to cover your medical bills from injuries due to the accident. Your car wreck attorney will explain that this option is going to limit you on being able to recover.
How a Car Wreck Attorney in Greenville, NC Can Help
If you have been in a hit and run accident, it is important that you find a car accident lawyer. You are going to need to figure out who was responsible for the accident. Also, you need to figure out if you are able to get compensation from your insurance company. This kind of case can be tricky to work with. While someone else may be at fault for the accident, you may not know who that person is. How are you supposed to get compensation for the accident? Your car wreck attorney will be able to work with you on this case to get the best results.
If you are a victim of a hit and run accident and you need to work with an experienced car wreck attorney in Greenville, NC, contact us at The Carolina Law Group. Our team is here to review your case and represent you to get the results that you need. Contact us today to get started.